2013 Australia 1 Ounce Kangaroo Opal Series Silver Proof Coin
- In Stock - Shipping Now
This is the third of a new eight coin series featuring Australia’s favorite nocturnal animals. This Silver Kangaroo coin features an inner panel design of a kangaroo detailed in pure Australian opal. The outer panel of the coin depicts Sturts Desert Pea leaves and blossoms, a crescent moon and the Southern Cross - a renowned star group which is only visible in the Southern hemisphere, designed by Aleysha Howarth. The Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination are shown on the obverse.
Presented in a prestigious display case, a light turns on as you open the case, highlighting the opal design and symbolizing moonlight, shining down on the nocturnal kangaroo. The display case is packaged inside an illustrated shipper with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine silver in flawless Proof finish.
- Comes in the original mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 8,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features he Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Features a postured Australian Kangaroo, detailed in pure Australian opal.
- Sovereign coin backed by Australian government.
Denomination: $1 AUD
Metal Content: 1 Troy Ounce
Issuer: Perth Mint
Diameter: 36.6 mm
Mint Capsule, Illuminated Presentation Box, Certificate of Authenticity